This section of U.S. 50 is known as the "Loneliest Highway in America". If you stop at any of the Chamber's of Commerce along the way, you can get a "I Survived the Loneliest Highway in America" Kit. If you get the included map validated at all of the stops along the way, and send the map in to the Nevada, you will receive a neat certificate and pin to that effect.
1. There is a Pony Express Statue in front of Harrah's in Stateline, Nevada.
2. Just east of Dayton River Road, which becomes Churchill Road, will lead to Fort Churchill. The headquarters building, which was a stopping point for the Pony Express, still stands.
3. Sand Springs Station, and
4. Cold Springs Station are two Pony Express stations that have been preserved and are adjacent to the highway.
5. There is a Pony Express Statue inside of the Hilton Hotel in Reno.