1. In 1860 Sacramento became the western terminus of the Pony Express. The first eastward journey of the Pony Express started from the B.F. Hastings Building. Located at 2nd and J Streets in Old Town Sacramento, this building housed offices of both the Pony Express and Wells Fargo operations. Across from the B.F. Hastings Building in Pony Express Plaza is a Pony Express Statue.
2. Folsom was the transfer point for mail from railroad to the Pony Express and was the western terminus of the Pony Express from June 1860 to June 1861. The Old Mint on Main Street was the site of the Poony Express relay station in Folsom.
3. Pleasant Grove House east of Folsom on Green Valley Road was a relay station for the Pony Express.
4. A reconstructed hotel in Pollock Pines now stands at the site of Sportsman's Hall, California's only Home Station. Between Camino and Pollock Pines the Pony Express route follows the Pony Express Trail frontage road.